Readers interested in having the annual volumes of Aestimatio in single PDF files may find the online versions of these files on the pages listing the contents of the volumes.
- Physika. Le corpus physique d’Aristote dans les traditions grecque, arabe et latine (with Cristina Cerami, CNRS, Paris)
- La physique d’Aristote (revised version of four lectures on Aristotle’s physics given in Paris in May 2011)
- “A Scientific Study of Eternal Motion: The Structure and Nature of Aristotle’s Argument in Physics VIII” to appear in M. Leunissen (ed.) Aristotle’s Physics: A Critical Guide (Cambridge University Press)
- “The Place of the De motu animalium in Aristotle’s Natural Philosophy” to appear in R. Polansky and W. Wians (eds.) Reading Aristotle
- “‘One Long Argument’? The Unity of Aristotle’s Generation of Animals” (with Allan Gotthelf)
- “The Place of the De anima in Aristotle’s Explanatory Project”
Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, Concordia University, Montreal
Associate Editor, Aestimatio
Aristotle (esp. natural philosophy), Aristotelian Tradition in Antiquity and Beyond
Work in Progress:
I am currently working on two book projects plus a set of papers on Aristotle’s physics (aka natural philosophy), with an emphasis on the unity and integrity of Aristotle's explanatory project. The reception of this project in antiquity and beyond is central to my research.
Please go to http://www.andreafalcon.net
- Member for
- 5 years 8 months